We celebrated two birthdays this past weekend. Three actually, as my friend’s birthday was the day before mine and she and her family were here for dinner. But I turned the big 3-5 and my eldest turned 14.
Reflecting on the years between 30 and 35, I would have to say that I have become more centred, more rooted. More… me. Not me-centred, per say, although I have most certainly gained a lot more respect for myself and am much kinder and loving towards myself than ever before. I like me. I enjoy me. I appreciate me. I choose not to spend time with people who look down on me or are unkind toward me. It’s really that simple. I offer kindness to others. I expect it in return. And life simply goes on without people who can’t bring themselves to be that way.
Life has simplified. Dreams are present yet realistic. Appreciation for the beauty in the everyday is more alive than ever. Gratitude is as well.
I saw the following list on someone’s blog. It has nothing to do with homeschooling but I am certain that the subject will tie in to several of the answers that I give as it has been such a large part of my life for so long. My biggest challenge will be being disciplined enough to answer one question per day. 🙂
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
I will ponder on the first one and perhaps write a little later today. I have some painting to do while The Husband is off with three children, two are in school , and I *only* have two with me. I can blare the music, pull the paints out, and tackle a mural for a few hours. It’s a beautiful day on PEI. I am hoping to get some “deck time” in with my man upon his return…